I love dogs!

Monday, August 24, 2015

A Sad Death

   I'm heading OTP to try to convince a guy to hand over a dog that is chained up in his basement. A friend saw a photo of this dog that an electrical contractor showed her, and she called me for advice. The dog was thin and frail, and she wanted to save it from death. I called the Police Supervisor and they won't get involved without a search warrant, but he implied that if I go there and get the dog, they wouldn't hinder my efforts because the guy is always bothering them with irrational 911 calls. I'm showing up with cash to offer, almost $200. If he refuses my generosity, I'm waiting til he goes to work 3rd shift, and taking the dog. The last time this happened to me, the dog was found at my house. and then put down rather than surrendered to rescuers.
(Please don't bash me for this, it's what I must do.)

-UPDATE ON THE LITTLE BROWN BASEMENT DOG:
When I met the man, he said the dog had died yesterday. He opened the door to the basement to show me the little brown dog down there in the dirt, still chained to a pipe (??). The old man smelled of beer and he was very defensive to all by questions. I was told it was really his wife's dog. (I was told before that the dog was only 4). I got dizzy and staggered outside to throw up. I was frustrated, and I could only cry.
I asked him if I could take the dog with me, so I could bury him, but the old man said no. He said the dog was sick for a long time and I asked why he had the little fella chained up in a dark basement, and he just said it was so he wouldn't run away. Someone should have acted sooner. I only learned about the dog yesterday, but the dog was already dead by then. I know of 3 people who knew the situation was dire, but couldn't and didn't go find a way to get the dog fed and to a vet! 

  Why is there a disconnection and so much avoidance with people? I couldn't sleep knowing that hungry and sad dog was suffering. I had to try something! I'm not so absorbed in the workaday world of earning money and meeting social obligations that I can shove the life of a suffering dog into that blind spot where we hide all the things that we failed at. A place so unseen by us that we often tend to deny that we did anything irresponsible or harmful. Is it that easy to clock out of the world and leave our kindness and affection entrapped in a dark unforgiving dirty hole, without a single loving hand to show our love?
REST IN PEACE BROWN DOG! RUN FREE AND BE THE LIGHT AND LOVE THAT WE WILL NEVER BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dog Burial

The Dog Burial  "Hey what's going on here?" The Patrolman asked. It was around midnight and I was on the roadside out in Ragl...