I love dogs!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Sugarfoot's Story

I found Sugarfoot running wild in the West End 5 years ago. When I first happened upon her while visiting a friend, she was so emaciated she could barely walk. Her legs shook and her skin was rotting off of her in some places. She had hundreds of puncture wounds from fighting- either in an organized criminal enterprise, or from the daily struggle to find food and take it from bigger, meaner street dogs. She also threw up continuously and when she walked, she pooped a glob of runny brown funk with every shaky step. She smelled awful from the rotten food she found behind dumpsters and tried to eat, because it came out one end or the other smelling worse than when she devoured it! She saw me coming towards her and she hunched over, glancing right, then left for her escape but she knew she was cornered. Her eyes narrowed and she gathered her growl from an inaudible gurgling to an emphatic warning. She bunched her nose up in that street-dog full-fang viciousness. I talked to her and wrapped my coat over one arm with a leash in the other. And just as I was close enough to snatch her, she went all berserk and opened that huge mouth preparing to rip me apart, my friend started cooing and talking baby talk to this female Jabberwockey from Hell and she was mesmerized! Ten minutes later the dog dropped the tough gal routine and happily jumped in the car when I opened the door. She seemed to gather her strength an when she stood up on the back seat she gave me a durable bark and her eyes lit up! A happy smile began to grow and as her mangy stinking tail started swinging her rotten turd funk all over the car. Then she puked and took a big dump on the seat.She was a street fighting survivor and I knew I had my work cut out for me. Sugarfoot is called the Drill Instructor over here because she runs the goddamn show and corrects infractions and maintaining order with her Mean Girl act and every day will run inside and bark at all the lazy lay-abouts and force them to run out back to play She runs everybody's show now!

(The first 2 images were of her 5 years ago. The final photo is how she looks today ♥)







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dog Burial

The Dog Burial  "Hey what's going on here?" The Patrolman asked. It was around midnight and I was on the roadside out in Ragl...