I love dogs!

Monday, August 24, 2015

The Power Of Love

Today I am thankful for all the kind words my friends have shared about the great loss of my beautiful and regal dog Woody. I had no idea how much change was inspired by the single act of me bringing him off the streets. For a dirty, matted, wounded and lonely dog that everyone abused, it was a life-changing event that allowed his loving and gentle spirit to to be revealed. The first time I saw him, he looked at me and said "help me". My heart sunk and I spent every day for the next 4 months looking for him. When I found and captured him and got top notch medical treatment for his wounded leg, he bonded with me and joyfully showed his awesome love to everyone who knew him. I've heard some truly inspired stories by people so moved by his rescue that they in turn went out and captured a lonely stray. Woody would have loved to know all this was for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dog Burial

The Dog Burial  "Hey what's going on here?" The Patrolman asked. It was around midnight and I was on the roadside out in Ragl...